Rebecka Weegar joins the group as a senior researcher. Welcome!
Associate professor Martin Duneld joins the learning analytics and AI for education group!
In October a third Ph.D. student, Robert Hegestedt, will join the learning analytics and AI for education group. Robert will focus on data-driven school development in compulsory school. Welcome!
Two new PhD students: Yongchao Wu and Xiu Li, have joined the research group. Both of them will focus on AI in education. Yongchao have a NLP background, and Xiu Li a background in Data Science.
Ken Larsson successfully defended his thesis the 26th of August. Title of thesis: Managing Thesis Projects in Higher Education Through Learning Analytics.
Opponent: Daniel Spikol
- Professor Ola Lindberg
- Associate Professor Terese Stenfors
- Associate Professor Stefan Ekencrantz
- Supervisors: Jalal Nouri (main) and Jelena Zradkovic (co).
We are co-organizing the Nordic Learning Analytics Summer Institute that will take place 2020 in Stockholm. More information here about the conference: https://www.kth.se/en/eecs/om-oss/konferenser-och-event/nordic-learning-analytics-summer-institute-2020
We got a paper accepted to LAK 2020 (10th International Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference) which will take place in Frankurt.
Saqr, M & Nouri, J. (2020). High resolution temporal network analysis to understand and improve collaborative learning. 10th International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK20) to be held in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, March 23-27, 2020.
Super exciting, we got funding for a 4-year project from Vetenskapsrådet (Swedish Research Council) to conduct research on learning analytics and the application of machine learning in educational settings!
The project starts in january 2020.
Researchers: Jalal Nouri, Panagiotis Papapetrou, Mohammad Saqr and Thashmee Karunaratne
We received the best paper award for our paper presented at the International Conference of Education, Training and Informatics. See reference below.
Nouri, J., Saqr, M & Fors, U. (2019). Predicting performance of students in a flipped classroom using machine learning: towards automated data-driven formative feedback. 10th International Conference on Education, Training and Informatics (ICETI 2019).
The Learning Analytics Group got two papers accepted in ECTEL 2019:
- Nouri, J., Larsson, K., & Saqr, M. (2019). Identifying factors for master thesis completion and non-completion through learning analytics and machine learning. In proceedings of 14th European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL).
- Saqr, M., Nouri, J. & Jormanainen, I. (2019). A learning analytics study of the effect of group size on social dynamics and performance in online collaborative learning. In proceedings of 14th European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL).